Ireland international fast bowler Allan Eastwood selected Rory Anders (Phoenix CC) as this year’s winner when conducting several bowling clinics with the province’s most promising quick bowlers.
"Rory is a worthy winner of the Leinster Cricket Union’s ‘Find a Fast Bowler’ talent identification programme for this season”.
Rory Anders and Allan Eastwood
Anders, from Castleknock in Dublin, was selected to play for the Leinster U’12’s last year following many impressive performances for Phoenix in the Leinster league. Last August he was selected for Ireland U’13’s and played against Middlesex at Radley College.
Eastwood who gained caps for Ireland against Zimbabwe, Netherlands and Canada last year commented. “Rory has a good rhythmical run up, a nice high bowling action and generates good pace, away swing and bounce. He also appears keen to learn and works hard which is very important in order to keep improving. He is definitely one to look out for in the future’
- Name: Rory James Anders
- Age: 12
- Club: Phoenix Cricket Club
- Height: 6ft 2”
- School: Castleknock Community College
- Favourite Cricketer:
Ireland – Boyd Rankin (Tall fast opening bowler)
World – Shane Watson (Superb opening bat, great to watch)
Dale Steyn (Very quick and takes loads of wickets)
- Started playing: First introduced to ‘Kwik Cricket’ at Castleknock NS and as a result of this was advised to join Phoenix in 2006.
- Representative Honours: U11’s & U13’s Leinster. U13’s Ireland.
- Man of the Match (3-9) in Leinster Intermediate Cup Final this year.
- Best Bowling: 5 for 3 - U11’s Cup Final 2009 v’s Clontarf
- Other sports played: Hockey, swimming, basketball
‘Find a Fast Bowler’ winners in Leinster include:
- 2006 - Darren Nicol (Terenure)
- 2007 - Padraic Flanagan (YMCA)
- 2008 - Andrew Sheridan (North County)
- 2009 – David Delany (Clontarf)
- Rory Anders (Phoenix)