Northern Ireland Governing Body Welfare Officers (GBWOs) (voluntary positions)
Cricket Ireland is the governing body for the game at both performance and participation levels throughout Ireland, representing the interests of both the men’s and women’s game.
Following recent retirements, Cricket Ireland requires Governing Body Welfare Officers (GBWOs) in both Northern Ireland and in the Republic of Ireland.
The role of the GBWO is to promote and assist clubs to meet their child safeguarding requirements, and to be the first port of call for any child protection concerns beyond the individual Club Welfare Officer.
Each Cricket Ireland Governing Body Welfare Officer is tasked to:
- Have knowledge of this Child Safeguarding Manual and Code of Good Practice and statutory guidelines.
- Assist the Compliance Officer with relevant child safeguarding tasks at a NI or ROI regional level, including auditing compliance and reporting back on child safeguarding issues.
- Be familiar with and carry out reporting procedures as outlined in the Child Safeguarding Manual.
- Be aware of national and local services responsible for safeguarding.
- In conjunction with the Compliance Officer, to inform statutory authorities of relevant concerns about children.
- In conjunction with the Compliance Officer, to liaise with Statutory Authorities and other agencies as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Compliance Officer, to ensure that coaches / managers are aware of any allegations against them after consulting statutory authorities when relevant.
- To ensure that an individual case record is maintained of action taken by Cricket Ireland, the liaison with other agencies and the outcome.
- To act as a member of the CI Safeguarding Panel.
- To undertake training in relation to safeguarding.
- To communicate with Club Welfare Officers to ensure the distribution of the Code of Good Practice.
- To assist with the ongoing development and implementation of Cricket Ireland’s safeguarding needs.
Both positions are offered on a voluntary basis, but reasonable expenses will be paid in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.
The start date will be as soon as possible by agreement. If this opportunity interests you, please email a CV and a covering letter addressed to the CI Cricket Operations Manager to email@example.com.
Please ensure you include “Governing Body Welfare Officer’ in the subject box of your email.
Closing date for applications is Monday 7th March.